Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dinner & the Bicycle!!!

Sunday, September 18th!!!

My darling friend, Jenny MacKenzie invited Seema and me to dinner with her family.  The dinner was awesome.  Her family has a tradition of saying what they are thankful for each night.  Seema was thankful for her experience of being in America.  I was thankful for all my amazing friends that are on this journey with me.  I NEVER for one second believed that I could do this alone, my life is about collaboration and joining people into my life.  From the day I said YES to host parenting ALL my friends were behind my 725%.  I have been carried by the kindness, love, generosity, caring and dedication of everyone. 

I am in awe and stunned by all the AMAZINGNESS of my family and friends, but I KNEW all along this is how it would be - because, we are always there for each other for the big and small happenings our lives together and the web of friendship we have built on love and dedication.  I am very thankful.

At dinner, Jenny & Seema were chatting and I wish I could remember how riding a bike came up - but next thing I know Jenny is offer Lizzie's bike to Seema for the year!! Lizzie could NOT be more thrilled to give her bike away, because she HATES it.  Which in all fairness, I understand as they live on a steep hill and getting anywhere would be a snap - getting home is a SERIOUS incline.

After some seat adjustment and test ride, it is decided that Chip (Jenny's equally amazing hubby) will bring the bike over on Monday!

We get in the car and Seema SQUEALS, "I have a Bi-Cycle in AMERICA."  We get home and she immediately posts on FaceBook this news... 

Thankful...


1 comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com