Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween Day!

The big day was a busy busy day for me - so needless to say my photo snapping was a big NOT!!! Sad I know... but here is how it all came together.  On Sunday, the day before Halloween Seema & I went to get a costume, I thought she would be a cute Snow White.  We found a costume and she tried it on and it wasn't cute on and I am still not 100% she was into it or doing it to make me happy.  The culture change of doing whatever your parents tell or ask is shocking on my side. 

So - after a little bit of dragging her through Halloween City I ask are you done?  Yes!  She says she will wear her Pakistani outfits.  okay...  and we left and made our way to the Quinn family party.

After the party we went over to raid the costumes of Alex & Joe because Lamiaa DID want to get dressed up.  We borrowed ABBA, pirates, lederhosen, a few wigs and boas.  We figured that Lamiaa could choose from those and at this point Seema was a bit more amiable to the idea of a costume.

The big reveal is that they went as ABBA - and the sad part is we have ONE photo of Seema in a blonde wig and gold lame jumpsuit!


I could kick myself that I failed to snap some shots of Lamiaa in a pink jumpsuit and black wig and Gabriel as a zombie.

I did send them out to go trick-o-treating with a big group of kids and an adult.  They came back after a few houses as they felt that it was begging.  They changed into Pakistani outfits and enjoyed the rest of the evening together eating candy, soup & breadsticks.  BTW the girls made my famous breadsticks and it seems they are on the menu for the November movie night!!

If there are more photos that surface - I will post them...in the mean time, I will try harder to keep the camera at hand.


2 comments:

Margaret said...

Laurel:

ARE your famous breadsticks with the help of Rhodes?

I think that I have your recipe from a cooking class that I took with your mother!!

Kerri said...

It was a great night! I'm so glad we got to see them trick or treat.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com