Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day One....

So I thought about the blog a bit too long and have tried to catch up without it being so boring.  But the real party started a week ago after months of e-mailing and chatting on Facebook - I will post more e-mail as they are adorable. 

However, the day, August 14th arrived.  I have to say in the days leading up to Seema's arrival, I had been so busy getting thr room just right and everything done, I had not thought about WHAT I was going to do when she got here.  It wasn't until someone asked me what was the FIRST thing I was going to do when she arrived. That pretty much threw me... well, bring her home and show her EVERYTHING.  That felt overwhelming, so I decided just to let her take the lead and tell me what she needed as she became accustom to me and a new home.

My mother, Mimi aka Marian went with me to the airport to pick up Seema.  We were both nervous and of course all you can do is wait at baggage claim and hope someone somewhere updates the flights that landed.  Yeah - not so much!  In typical Marian fashion she began asking where people came from and what flight and airline. We found some folks that said they were on the United Airline flight from Denver; Marian says she can always tell the Denver people???  I told Marian, she won't be hard to spot, she is a teen, traveling alone, short, dark-hair and my guess in traditional Pakistani attire.  Yup - I was right. 

Marian yells out Seema and a shocked girl looks at her as Marian hugs her and says, I am Mimi!!!
We gather her ONE bag from the carousel that never has the flight info above it and out to the car we go.  On our way home, Mimi suggests that we drive by downtown so she can see the town.  Of course, I veto that and say let's get her home and let her rest - she has had 3 long days of YES orientation and travel.  We get home and Mimi has gifts and Seema graciously accepts and tries hard to not be exhausted.  She finally says she is ready to rest, she sees her room and takes a 3 hour nap. 

Later that evening we sit on the patio and talk and have some dinner - a zucchinni tart and corn.  Alex and Joe come over to get jars for canning (lots more on Alex & Joe and canning) and then to bed to tackle Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com