Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Regrets 2012

Isabella Ingham posted on her Instagram last night wishing all a Happy New Year!!!! She also posted a question on what was your biggest regret for 2012?  At the moment I thought I don't typically live with regrets just mini and not so mini challenges and learnings that come at you throughout life.  BUT - this morning I said to myself - no you DO have a regret for 2012 and that was leaving this blog hanging.  I had every good intention to finish with write ups and photos of the final parties and print the blog and send to Seema BUT that didn't happen.  BIG REGRET!!

Here are my excuses why...
Uploading my photos takes way too long as I haven't removed any for 2 years.... Took care of that this morning and now my camera will be quick to upload AND all the photos from the parties are nicely in labeled folders.

Too soon after the kiddos left and it didn't seem like having a look back at the fun would help them as they transistioned to their home countries and had "reverse" culture shock - this was just a lame excuse. 

I would forget about this project and move into others that seemed more important - not true!!!

Life - often just life gets in the way... you get busy living and forget and don't make the time for the things are are truly the most important.

So here it is folks - in 2013 to put my regret to rest - the final entries of this chapter of Exchange in the Hive.  It was an amazing year and I look back with no regrets just wonderful memories of each and every student that came in to my life through opening my home up to one fantastic student, Miss Seema Yousaf (Pakistan)

I love you all so much and wish you all the best and look foward to many years of sharing your life journeys all over the world.

Mama La.

PS - big thanks to Isabella Ingham for giving me the incentive to get this done!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com