Sunday, February 19, 2012

Just an average week...

I have been looking back at past posts and reading a few other blogs and realizing that people really blog about anything. I have tried to hit the highlights and the fun activities of this host parent thing.  And here is my "Ah Ha" moment this morning, it isn't always rainbows and sunshine - it is really a mix every day of both memorable excitement and boring....

So I thought I would sum up the week; Monday - hmmm... nothing.

Tuesday we did celebrate Valentine's Day.  On the BIG day we went to dinner with my brother, sis-in-law and one niece, Bella; the other 2 teens had plans.  Also along for the fun at Cafe Med was Mimi/Grandma, Lamiaa, Darby aka Sparkle and Gabriel - oh and me and Seema.  The night was good with a few gifts exchanged - I gave the girls the Snapfish books I made from our Disney trip and Mickey Mouse pendant necklaces.  Earlier in the day Seema delivered her hand-dipped Valentine fortune cookies to friends and teachers at school.  Despite slow service which my brother predicted and wasn't too happy about we had some giggles and yummy food.

Wednesday and Thursday were clearly not very memorable and I could not tell you what if anything we had for dinner. 

Friday was SCARY movie night with pizza.  I love movie night because these kids make me laugh.  I think there was about 10 kids, 5 pizzas, a small salad, carrot cake and ice cream sandwiches.  They watched "The Sixth Sense" and reported it not so scary.  I thought about having them watch "Silence of the Lambs" but that seemed too scary... next time though we are going for it - serious horror!!!

I woke up to 3 teens on Saturday and made "Mountains"  sometimes known as German pancakes. Basically, eggs, flour, milk and butter baked and then served hot with jams or syrup.  I thought I really killed it by making a yummy breakfast with veggie sausage included. 

After Saturday breakfast and some cleaning, I announced it was Laurel time and off I went to craft day and made a bag.  Being totally honest the bag is adorable and all I did was iron on fabric with a wonderful Virgin of Guadalupe icon. 

Now back to Sunday morning where I woke up to snow and went back to bed.  Today is most likely going to miss out on rainbows and sunshine moments and that is okay with me.

Maybe next post will include a photo.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com